Friday, March 23, 2007

# 20 YouTube

There is one fantastic entry that I've send to a few of you..It is a self described work of Digital Ethnography by Prof. Wesch of Kansas Statr University. He says he explores 'mediated culture, seeking to merge the ideas of Media Ecology and Cultural Anthropology." I find it a profound illustration of McLuhan's the medium is the message



But - YouTube is lots of fun too - one of my all time favourites ie the Evolution of Dance - a classic for sure.


Library applications -I think there could be possibilities in the areas of patron instruction, promotion of serices, tours of facilties - lots of good things.

1 comment:

fiveoaks said...

YouTube is addictive. I found myself watching a five minute, very repetative video of Masai warriors dancing - basically jumping up and down. Hmmm. Sending YouTube sites to colleagues has become the latest office fun. Remember when photocopiers became common (this is for those of us over 50!)people sent around jokes by that new technology? What's next?